British Egyptian Society Mediators
., Barnsley, South Yorkshire
We are involved in social, cultural, educational activities, as well as raising health awareness and information stalls. We provide training and guidance to our community members.
BESM work with adult, families, young people, Carers ,women and children and old people. We co-ordinate with other community groups as well as local government organizations . BESM Membership is open to any individual regardless their disability, political or religious affiliation, race, sex or sexual orientation. We trust that our members are willing to helping the Group to achieve its aims and willing to abide by the rules of the Group. We welcome also the new members who are willing to pay any subscriptions if agreed at any time by the Management Committee.
BESM aims are To promote the Egyptian cultural ,heritage and community cohesion amongst the British Egyptian community’s within the United Kingdom (the area of benefit) by the provision of representation, education, training and impartial advice, recreational and other leisure time occupations, in particular but not exclusively, in the promotion of health and family wellbeing, art, culture and heritage in the interest of social welfare so that conditions of life can be improved .To provide appropriate representation of its community, culture and its members and to act as its voice. To raise the profile of Egypt amongst community groups and promoting mutual friendship within the local communities across the UK
BESM hold social, cultural and National events, Workshops, we provide Family and children activities, Sign posting, and we offer Training and guidance to our members. We hold Young people forum in local college .we provide Educational and language sessions.we hold a regular Cultural Exhibitions. We also issue an Annual newsletter.
My duties as a Chairperson are as follow:
• To Chair meetings of the Committee and the Group
• To represent the Group at functions/meetings that the Group has been invited
• To act as the spokesperson of the Group when necessary.
• To work with the group on achieving our community group’s goals
• To promoting the Egyptian Culture and Heritage among the local community.
• To provide the required support to our community members and attracting new members locally & nationally.
• To provide advice and services that is mainly associated with Egyptian society.
• To work co-operatively with various community groups and benefit from their skills and experience.
- Community Development
- Community Meeting
- Black & Ethnic Minority
- Barnsley Borough Wide
- Barnsley based vol/com group
- National Voluntary Organisation